At some time in our lives, most of us will make or assist in making funeral arrangements. This can mean making many decisions at a very difficult and emotional time. Funeral directors are there to offer help and guidance during one of life’s most difficult times, but there are things we suggest:
- Be an informed consumer. Don’t be reluctant to ask questions.
- Today there are a variety of options to meet your financial needs and wishes. Be sure to discuss all available options before making a decision.
- When selecting a funeral director, choose one who is licensed and has a good reputation in the community.
- Be prepared! Avoid the burden of making decisions while under emotional stress by organizing details with your funeral director ahead of time. Remember…preplanning doesn’t necessarily mean prepaying.
- Plan a personalized ceremony or service to help you begin the healing process. Getting through grief is never easy but having a meaningful funeral or tribute will help.